The password for the next level can be retrieved by submitting the password of the current level to port 30000 on localhost.Commands you may need to solve this level
ssh, telnet, nc, openssl, s_client, nmapHelpful Reading Material
How the Internet works in 5 minutes (YouTube) (Not completely accurate, but good enough for beginners)Solution:
IP Address on Wikipedia
Localhost on Wikipedia
Port (computer networking) on Wikipedia
- [Comment] Using SSH to connect the server
- sp@simple-plan:~|=> ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com's password: 4wcYUJFw0k0XLShlDzztnTBHiqxU3b3e
- [Comment] Using netcat to connect port 30000 on localhost
- bandit14@melinda:~$ echo 4wcYUJFw0k0XLShlDzztnTBHiqxU3b3e | nc -v localhost 30000
- Connection to localhost 30000 port [tcp/*] succeeded!
- [Comment] Using exit command to disconnect connection to server
- bandit14@melinda:~$ exit
- Connection to bandit.labs.overthewire.org closed.
- [Comment] It's done! Saving the password for next level.