The password for the next level is stored in the file data.txt among of few lines of human-readable strings starting with '=' characters.Commands you may need to solve this level
grep, sort, uniq, strings, base64, tr, tar, gzip, bzip2, xxdSolution:
- [Comment] Using SSH to connect the server
- sp@simple-plan:~|=> ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com's password: UsvVyFSfZZWbi6wgC7dAFyFuR6jQQUhR
- [Comment] Using ls command to list directory contents
- bandit9@melinda:~$ ls
- [Comment] Using strings command to discard non-printable characters in files
- [Comment] Using grep command to search the targets
- bandit9@melinda:~$ strings data.txt | grep "="
- [Comment] Using exit command to disconnect connection to server
- bandit9@melinda:~$ exit
Connection to bandit.labs.overthewire.org closed.
- [Comment] It's done! Saving the password for next level.